Wednesday, October 26, 2011

11 Years Ago Today......

11 years ago today, I was in Rome, Italy having dinner with a handsome young man at The Veranda Restaurant.  We were having one of the best dinners I can remember, and the pianist was playing a beautiful rendition of Bryan Adams' "Everything I Do".  This handsome young man asked me to close my eyes and began telling me so many wonderful things and why he loved me, and when I opened my eyes, there was a ring.  A complete, but wonderful surprise.  Of course, I said "Yes!" and the rest is history.....
The day after we got engaged.


Rome-St. Peters

Rome-Trevi Fountain

Rome-ancient ruins

Rome-Colisseum

Florence

Venice

Venice

Pompeii

Island of Capri

3 comments:

Cole Family said...

What sweet memories! You have a great engagement story girl, one to share for many years!

Phyllis said...

Wonderful Memories!!!

Ginny said...

Hey Carrie!!!
To be proposed too in Rome....that is totally awesome!!

I have the DIY instructions for the velvet pumpkins if you want them. I can email them to you just let me know.

Hope all is going well in the Siebert household!!

TTYL,
Ginny