We were absolute beach bums today. We looked for shells, watched a lot of dolphins swimming from the beach and hung out at the pool. After a full morning of "beaching" it, we went back up to the condo for naps. Mommy snuck back down to the pool though for some relaxation and reading the book I brought with me (thanks Rachel and Lindsey!), "The Help". Loved the book and the free time I had at the pool to read it! Everyone was always stopping by to talk to me about the book while I was at the pool. It was a great conversation piece. :-)
After naps, we went back to the pool and the beach at sunset and built sandcastles. We saw several jellyfish that evening.
![]() |
| Daddy and a tired Carter |
We had some excitement around 10:00 that night. Remember the sea turtles I wrote about from Day 2? Well, they started hatching!! I was out on the balcony that night reading my book and saw some flashlights and commotion down on the beach. Josh stayed with the boys and I ran my little heart out to get there in time. I was able to see several of them making it to the ocean surf to begin their big journey. About 60 hatched that night and they made it to the ocean in about 15 minutes. It was one of the neatest things I've ever seen. So exciting!! They told me that there would probably be more hatch later since the nests usually have around 100 eggs. They said that on Thursday evening they would dig up the nest to see if there were any more if they didn't hatch before then.





No comments:
Post a Comment