Friday, September 23, 2011

Gulf Shores-Day 2

We got up for an early morning walk on the beach....man I could really get used to this.  We then hit the pool and went back to the beach.  We watched really large schools of fish swim back and forth.  We later heard that they were probably being pushed around by bull sharks.....not what I wanted to hear. ha!
We then headed into town for groceries and ended up getting the boys some big shovels and boogie boards....big score.
Daddy did a little fishing from the beach.  He caught a crab with the net, but no fish.
There is a group here from Save The Planet that is watching a nest of sea turtles that should hatch any day!  They have listening devices so they listen under the sand to see if they hear any movement coming from the eggs.  They told me there could be up to 100 eggs in the nest!
One of my favorite things to do after the boys go to bed in the evenings is to sit on the balcony, drinking a cup of hot tea and reading the book "The Help".  Love sitting out there reading and listening to the waves crash on the beach.  Do I ever have to leave???




1 comment:

Ginny said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time at Gulf Shores!! Hope all is going well with you guys and I look forward to your posts, especially when you post funny things Collin & Carter say...they are just toooo cute!!
www.ginnybrumback.blogspot.com