The weekend before school started (the 18th), I had planned a "Going to School" barbecue at the house to celebrate Collin. I had also made it a surprise birthday party for my mom who turned 64 on the 20th. She was really surprised. I had helped my dad convert all her old 8 mm film reels into dvd. She was so surprised and touched. The videos go from 1964-1985. It started with my mom's 16th birthday party which was fitting for the occasion. It was so neat to be able to see all that old footage from when I was just barely learning to crawl, after Courtney was first born and some of our childhood. Sweet, sweet memories.
We grilled hamburgers and hotdogs and then had cupcakes and oreo truffles that I made to look like apples to go with the school theme. Pa-Pa & Me-Ma, Mimi, Courtney, Josh & Hayes were there to celebrate with us (Hudson was at Nana & Pa's in Oklahoma). :-)
My big Kindergartner. Mommy taught him how to climb in the door jam like I used to when I was little. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment