Monday, August 20, 2012

First Day Of Kindergarten!!

I can't believe this day has already come.  I remember saying 4 years ago when we were watching the Olympics, "Just think, during the next Olympics it will be almost time to send Collin to Kindergarten.", and now, that has become a reality.  Our sweet little Collin is officially a Kindergartner.  He has been so excited and anticipating this day for quite some time, so that has made the transition definitely easier on me.  We got up this morning and I made him 5 egg whites for breakfast (yes, that's his favorite and his request).  After that he got busy brushing his teeth and getting all dressed by himself because he was so excited to get going.  We got to school and as soon as his teacher, Mrs. Loomis, opened the door, he was rushing to get in there, leaving us behind in the hallway.  He hung his backpack up and immediately sat down at his chair and started to work on his little writing sheet.  I was so proud to see him sit there and still in disbelief that I was in this moment.   I was so proud of myself that I didn't cry, but let me tell ya, it took everything I had to hold it in.  We stood at the back of the class and Carter looks up at me and says, "Mommy, can I go say bye to Collin?".  I almost lost it trying to get the simple word 'yes' out.  In typical Carter fashion, he walked up to Collin at the front of the class and says, "Bye Collin!" and sticks his tongue out and does that spitting/tooting sound with his mouth.  All the parents in the room completely lost it and we could not quit laughing.  Carter walked back with a smug little grin and I can just hear him thinking..."Yeah, I just did that.". :-)  It definitely lightened the mood in the room that's for sure!  
So excited to go pick Collin up this afternoon and hear all about his day!  I'm counting the minutes!!
Love you Collin!  So proud of you and just know that you will have an awesome first year of school!












They also had a "Boo-Hoo" Breakfast for the parents after drop off and handed out these packages of kleenex.

No comments: