Monday, February 27, 2012

A Few of My Latest Projects......

So, I've been busy with a few projects this month.  I've really been trying to practice with my new sewing machine when I can, but it's really hard with two kids needing my attention off and on.  I decided to try making some Valentine's Day shirts for my nephews, Hudson & Hayes.  My Silhouette (my electronic cutting machine) cuts fabric, so I was able to cut out these cute shapes with that and then applique them onto the shirts with a zig-zag stitch on my sewing machine.  This was my first attempt at it, so they are by no means perfect, but I was pretty happy with how they turned out (just don't look too close!).  Hudson loves dinosaurs, so the first one is his.  The second was was for Hayes.  I thought he would look like a little ladies man in this shirt. :-)  Courtney sent me a picture of him modeling it as well.  What a cutie!



One of my other projects this month was repainting this armoire that we keep our tv in.  Seriously, I have had this since college.  Those of you that have known me since then are probably shaking your heads in disbelief that after about 13 years, I have still held onto this! ha!  Josh was just ready to toss it out on the curb, but I convinced him that I think it would really change the looks if we painted it black.  Boy, was I happy with how it turned out.  I worked on it for about 5 hours.  Josh got home and was so impressed that he decided that we should definitely keep it. :-)  
 Before....it was almost a purplish color....

After!....ahh....much better. :-)

No comments: