I was able to have a great girls weekend the last weekend in September. Josh stayed home with the boys and my mother-in-law, Kate, and I headed up to Iowa to attend a wedding. We stopped in Kansas City on our way to go to a store Kate wanted to take me to called, Nell Hill's. Loved the store and did a little damage in there. :-) It was little right across from the bank I used to work at in Kansas City. It was amazing to see how much that area had changed. We had dinner close to there as well and then headed on up to Iowa. We stayed with Grandma Juanita in her apartment and just had a great time. It's always so great to see her. She really is the sweetest person ever! Love her to pieces and I always learn something new when I'm there. This time she told me about the time she and her family traveled by covered wagon to Minnesota when she was just a baby. She said that on their way there, she was named Juanita by some American Indians. So cool. The whole weekend she would always say, "You know, God has just been so good to me all my life." While I was sitting there listening to her, I decided to look up what her name meant. Juanita truly means, "God has been gracious". Wow. After hearing her talk about how good God has been to her, it was so cool to find out that that was the meaning of her name as well! Grandma Juanita is 96 years young and you would never believe it! Such a sweet, sweet lady and we had a wonderful time with her.
The wedding we went to was so neat as well. The reception was held at the Omaha Zoo Aquarium, so that was really neat. Can you believe I forgot to take my camera this weekend?? So upset about that, but I got a few pictures with my phone.
![]() |
| Grandma Juanita and Kate |
![]() |
| Me, Grandma Juanita and Kate |
We were also able to have a nice visit with Aunt Betty and Uncle Doug.
![]() |
| Aunt Betty, Grandma Juanita, Kate & Uncle Doug |
On our way back home, we stopped in Kansas City again and went down to the Plaza for dinner and dessert. We ate at one of my favorite places there, Brio Tuscan Grille. Kate had never been to the Cheesecake Factory, so I insisted on taking her there. Oh boy, one of the many reasons I miss Kansas City. :-) Of course I got my all-time favorite, Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake......hello beautiful. :-)





No comments:
Post a Comment