Today we celebrated Carter's 2nd birthday with our family and friends. I've had so much fun getting ready for Carter's Toy Story themed big day, and I think he really had a great day! It was sooo beautiful and 80 degrees outside, so we decided to grill out and let the kids play in the backyard. It worked out great, and we all had a great time visiting and celebrating with Carter. Thanks to everyone who came! You made Carter's day so special!
Happy Birthday little guy!
This is a shirt I made for him with my electronic cutter. I made it to look like the Toy Story "2".
How old are you Carter? He holds up his 2 index fingers and says, "Two!" :-)
I decided to make a cake for his birthday this year. It was quite an undertaking, but it turned out pretty good. I made the 1st tier to look like the pattern on Woody's shirt and the 2nd tier was the background of clouds from the movie cover.
Friends and family hanging out in the backyard.
So, I thought it would be fun to put the boys' roller coaster that my parents got them for Christmas in the backyard for the kiddos to play on. With 10 kids coming, I decided I better have my sis and mom bring theirs as well. It worked out great having 3 of them back there so everyone's turn came more quickly. They were quite the hit!
| Lily |
| Will |
| Audrie & Annie |
| Scout |
I tried to incorporate as much of the Toy Story theme as I could into the food.
Here is the banner I made for Carter with my Silhouette cutter. I made some circles to match the pattern on Woody's shirt, the green ones for Buzz's space suit and the blue with white clouds like the movie background.
The kiddos enjoying their food
Then it was time for cake! Carter was so excited to see everyone singing to him. You could really see him just soaking it all in so sweetly. I just love him!
He blew out his candles so well! With all the birthday parties we've been going to over the past couple of months, he's had a lot of time to watch and learn.
He didn't waste any time digging in! Yep, this is how he rolls. :-)
He was blessed with some really great gifts! He had so much fun opening it all.
Uncle Joey wasn't able to be here, but he got Carter this awesome little backpack from Pottery Barn. He pretty much wore it all night!
He also loved his new water guns from BJ and Wendy. He played with Collin shooting these (without water) all night. We all got such a kick out of him falling over and playing like he was hurt every time he got shot. He is quite the little actor and so dramatic!
Mimi and Papa got him this suitcase personalized with his name from Pottery Barn as well to match his new backpack! He's all ready to go somewhere now!
| BJ, Josh and Walter |
| Papa and Mimi |
| Mommy and Daddy with the birthday boy |
| Love my little family! |
| He had to end the night shaving with his new shaving kit we got him. |

No comments:
Post a Comment