I can't believe a year has already come and gone! Our sweet little Carter turned 1 on April 7th. We celebrated with him the evening of his actual birthday and let him open our gifts to him and eat a cupcake. He absolutely loved the cupcake as you can see from the picture. This kid has a big mouth! I thought he was going to actually fit it all in! He gave it a good effort!

Here he is with his gifts from us. Collin wanted to buy Carter a gift just from him, so we went to Target. Before we even got there, Collin said he wanted to buy Carter a Grover. I told him I didn't think they had Grover there because I had only seen Elmo and Cookie Monster. Boy was I wrong. Collin was so excited when we found one and was even more excited for Carter to open the present from him. It was a Grover puppet, so we have all enjoyed and laughed our heads off at Collin's attempt at ventriloquism!

Saturday we had a small party for our family and some of Carter's friends. I always call Carter my Little Monkey because he is always attached to my hip. That being said, I decided that his party would be a monkey theme.
Here is the invite that my friend Katie at The Peekaboo Image created for me. She is so talented! Check out her site!
Here is the adorable cake courtesy of Shelby Lynn's Cake Shoppe in Springdale. I always use them for all my special occasions.I made this banner. It's hard to see, but I took a picture of each month of Carter and attached them to yellow, green and brown scrapbook papers. It turned out really cute and everyone enjoyed seeing how he had changed over the last year.

Carter's Friends


We love you Carter and look forward to watching you grow up! We are so blessed to have you in our family. We pray for God's protection over your life and that you grow up to be a great man of God. We Love You!!

No comments:
Post a Comment